Unfortunately, there is still a big question mark over when exactly a return to semi normality might occur but we have decided to proceed with bookings so that we can start looking forward to an amazing summer on the water, in the sun and full of Adventure as Gaeilge. Hopefully this will give a bit more clarity for everyone’s summer plans, although it looks like we will have to wait a bit longer before it becomes clear exactly what type of restrictions may or may not be in place this summer.
So what are we planning?
I hope that we will be able to run as close to normal as possible. This means a full day course from 10am to 4pm, with a mix of watersports and land based activities.
Last summer we still managed to have a great time, but due to the restrictions we ran our courses with watersports only for 2 hours on the water and a range of home based learning activities to be completed in groups of two or three. Students were given their wetsuits before the course started and would arrive in wetsuits ready to get straight on the water. Even though it wasn’t our first option, we still had an absolute blast and managed to create some awesome socially distanced games for the kids. Check out what a socially distanced course looks like on our Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/moontourgaeilge
Our goal is to go with Plan A, but realistically there is too much unknown to say 100% what course or even what dates we will be able to run. However, I want to make sure that everyone who has been in getting in contact over the past few months are guaranteed places on your preferred course. Booking requires a deposit of €150 and the remainder once we can confirm our plan. We will make our final decision as soon as we can, hopefully during March.
We will refund deposits in full on request if:
- We cannot run Plan A and have to go for Plan B instead
- If course dates change
- If courses have to be cancelled